what is Moxibustion?
Moxibustion manages and prevents diseases by applying heat to points or areas of the body. Moxa is made of dry mugwort leaves (Artemisia vulgaris). It is burned in various forms loose moxa-wool, cone, or stick on or near the skin at acupuncture points or specific areas. Moxa cones can be placed directly onto the skin, or indirectly using ginger, garlic or salt as insulation. The stick may be used on the handle of a needle or in a box or held near the skin to warm the point or area.
• Warming the channels
• Removing obstruction of the channels
• Eliminating cold and damp
• Promoting functions of the organs
• Not to be applied to the face
• Not to be used in Hot type conditions
• Not to be applied on abdominal area of pregnant women